November 06, 2012

Dear, Mr. President

Hello peoples! How's your Tuesday ? I hope everything going well. I hope it happened to me too right now. Still at my trainee office as usual without my partner, Uni. She got an accident last sunday so she has to take a long rest. Get well very soon dear Uni :)

I'm collecting all the release on media online, a command from my kakak Bos. But tired of it, I scrolling down my tumblr. Look what I found !


Do you know what it is ? It is a letter from Sophia Barley Klugh. She is one of the girl in US that adores Barack Obama so much. I guess she's about 10 or 11 y.o.  Here's what she writes :

"Dear Barack Obama, 
It's Sophia Barley Klugh your friend who invited you to dinner. You don't remember okay that's fine. But I just wanted to tell you that I am so glad you agree that two men can love each other because I have two dads and they love each other. But at school kids think that it's grass and weird but it really hurts my heart and feelings. So, I come to you because you are my hero. If you were me and you had two dads that love each other, and kids at school teased you about it what would you do?
Please respond!
I just wanted to say you really inspire me and I hope you win on being the president. You would tottaly make the world a better place.
Love, your friend Sophia.
p.s : please tell your daughters Hi for me :)"

A very touched letter somehow warming my day. I am not a same-sex marriage supporter, but I personaly think Sophia is the lucky girl. She has two dads, they not only love each other, but also love her very much. Even in other eyes it's just weird, yet Sophia looks really love her beautiful life with two dads. How she loves her two dads really shown inside her letter to Mr. President.

And surprisingly, I also found the reply letter from Barack Obama (or perhaps his winning team that wrote it) :


"Presindent Barack Obama
Dear Sophia, Thank you for writing me such a thoughtful letter about your family. Reading it made me proud to be your president and even more hopeful about the future of our nation. 
In America, no two families look the same. We celebrate this diversity. And we recognize that whether you have two dads or one mom what matters abouve all is that love we show one another. You are very fortunate to have two parents who care deeply for you. They are lucky to have such an exceptional daughter in you. 
Our difference unite us. You and I are blessed to live in a country where we are born equal no matter what we look like on the outside, where we grow up, or who our parents are. A good rule is to treat others the way you hope they will treat you. Remind your friends at school about this rule if they say something that hurts your feelings. 
Thanks again for taking the time to write to me. I'm honored to have your support and inspired by your compassion. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner, but I'll be sure to tell Sasha and Malia you say hello. 
Sincerely, Barack Obama."

For this reply letter no matter who is really wrote this, you or your team, I admired you Mr. President. I understand now, why your people could be just so loyal.

It's you! Dream Presiden. In the middle of all those problem around America, you have time to stop by and read letter by letter that comes and then you replay them.

I wonder, how many letters will come to you today ?

XOXO, Widya..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Can you give the linnk? Thanks! Nina

Widya Triayuastuti said...

I found it on tumbrl but I didn't save the link. So sorry I couldn't help :|

Widya Triayuastuti said...

Oh wait here's the link, I search it for ya :) http://tiffanywilliam.com/page/10

Post a Comment